Tips for finals week
By Anastasia Crespo
College students all over are getting close to one of the most stressful times of the school year – finals week. Yikes! Finals are very stressful for a lot of students. Finals week can mean sleepless nights, tons of coffee, and maybe some tears. But it doesn’t have to be all that stressful. With the following tips, college students can conquer finals week without wanting to curl up into a ball and cry.
- Make a Study Schedule – All college students are busy! During finals week, it can be hard for students to find time to study while juggling a busy schedule. But, if you make a schedule of when, how long, and what subject you are going to study, then it can make it a lot easier to balance everything else going on.
- Find a Study Buddy – Having a study buddy allows you to get help from someone who taking the same test. Having a study buddy also gives students a chance to exchange notes and discuss topics to get a better understanding of material that will be on the final.
- Find a Good Place to Study – Students should find a quiet place to study and focus without too much distraction.
- Make a Study Guide – Making a study guide is helpful, because it puts all the information you need to know in one place rather than forcing you to study from an entire notebook of notes from the semester.
- Relax! – It seems impossible during finals week, but we have to remember to relax. Relax by watching one of your favorite TV shows to get your mind off of studying for a bit (Just don’t make it into a full on marathon), watch a silly video on YouTube, or take a warm bubble bath to ease some of the stress.
Following these tips will make finals week a breeze! Study hard, do your best and everything will be okay! You got this!
Anastasia Crespo is a BECA student at San Francisco State University.